Drawings should be on 8.5x11 paper. Please download the entry form here and include the completed form with the student's drawing.
Youth Bird Drawing Contest Rules
This is a free contest open to all Pierce County students in public, private, or homeschool grades 1 – 8.
1. The art must be the work of the student.
Only 1 entry per student is accepted.
2. The art must be presented on 8.5” x 11” paper.
Pencil, crayon, charcoal, watercolors, acrylics, or oils are accepted.
3. The bird must be one of the following:
Steller’s Jay and Western Red Cedar
Brown Creeper and Douglas Fir
Western Bluebird and Garry Oak
The art must include the tree specified with the bird.
4. The entry form must be included with the art, and the
contact information must be on the back of the art.
5. The deadline for submission is April 30, 2023.
Deliver or Mail to: Youth Bird Drawing Contest
Deliver to: Mail to:
Adriana Hess Audubon Center Tahoma Audubon Society
2917 Morrison Road W. P.O. Box 64068
University Place, WA 98466 University Place, WA 98464
1. The bird is one of the specified birds.
2. The tree is identifiable in the art.
3. The “artistic expression” of the work.
Judging will be conducted in early May. Winners will be identified by May 15, 2023 and invited to the awards program at Tacoma Nature Center, May 31, 2023.
For further information: Contact Sally Larson email@example.com